Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Simple Valentine's Day Card

I'm still struggling through this flu bug but I'm eager to get back to normal life so I'm trying to ignore my nose this afternoon and create something. The card I'm making is just a fast simple card to make. You can change things up to make it into an Anniversary or Wedding card as well.



First I started with a basic grey card base 8.5 x 5.5 inches, scored at 4.25 inches, a piece of scrap mirror paper and scraps of cream cardstock.


I cut the mirror paper down to 4 x 5.25 inches.

 I then ran it through a diamond pattern embossing folder

Next I cut out two hearts out of the cream cardstock (in all the years I've been doing this I'm surprised I still haven't bought a heart shaped punch or die set).

With a couple of stamps, Versamark and silver embossing powder, I heat embossed the two hearts.


Next I cut (3) 4 inch strips of paper, making sure they were not straight, and adhered them to the side of my card.


 I added 3D dots to the back of my hearts and attached them to my card.


 Next I wrote LUV U on the cream cardstock and cut each letter out individually and glued them to the bottom of my card

And there is my very simple card, hope you give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment